Thursday, February 14, 2013

How to replace a string in DataStage

Posted by Venkat ♥ Duvvuri 11:55 AM, under | 7 comments


I have seen several web sites which are explaining most of the things on DataStage, but I have not seen easiest way to replace a string by using DataStage functionality without using Ereplace Function.

Field Name: SERVICE

Requirement: If the service description contains the word "Functional", then replace the word with "Technical".

Source Service Desc: My Functional Service for you...!!!

Expected Target Service Desc: My Technical Service for you...!!!


Logic to get the output as per the specified requirement;

If Index(UpCase(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE),'FUNCTIONAL',1) > 0 Then

Left(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE,Index(UpCase(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE),'Functional',1)-1):'Technical':Right(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE,Len(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE)-Len(Left(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE,Index(UpCase(Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE),'Functional',1)-1):'Functional'))

Else
Ln_L40_Cust_Det.SERVICE


Link Name:Ln_L40_Cust_Det

Please let me know if you have any queries about the logic.

7 comments:

Thanks for Information Datastage is an ETL tool and it is part of the IBM Information Platforms Solutions suite and IBM InfoSphere. It uses a graphical notation to construct data integration solutions and is available in different versions such as the Server Edition, Enterprise Edition, and the MVS Edition. It is capable of integrating data on demand across multiple and high volumes of data sources and target applications using a high performance parallel framework. Datastage Online Training

Thanks.
But I still couldn't find how can I do if I have "Functionnal" several times in my field ...
Have you got an idea ?

Hello Gaela,

Exactly I don't have any idea, need to have some-sort of workaround about the same. I'll update you asap..!!

Thanks
VenkatDuvvuri

Thanks for the information on Datastage replacing.

Post a Comment